Please sign in to post.

Airfare sale?

I'm not sure what's up today, but after weeks of checking fares to Amsterdam on a daily basis (for September travel), and getting $1256, and then this week seeing $1309, and waiting to see it go down again....I could not believe my eyes today...it was $752!!! So, obviously I jumped on it! (This is flights from a regional airport, with a change in Minneapolis, to Amsterdam.)

I'm posting this just in case somebody out there is checking fares.

Happy travels!

Posted by
54 posts

Priscilla -- Not sure where in CA you are located, but KLM has round trips from SFO to AMS for $515 in Sept if you are willing to make one stop each way. WOW is even cheaper but you have to pay for even carry-on luggage, while KLM's price includes food, carry-on and checked luggage so that savings probably washes out.

Posted by
5210 posts

Thanks Hille! Enjoy your trip!

Thanks Cathy! I was just curious and asked in case others were wondering too.
I've booked my flights a few months ago, now I just have to wait till September! :-)

Posted by
552 posts

OMG, it gets better. I just checked the flights again, and they were $200 lower, so I got on the phone to Delta (very helpful customer service agent) and got the new fare of $562. I can't remember when I've ever been luckier!!

Posted by
4517 posts

Since November, a new pattern of a couple days of $500-600 fares appearing now and then is the new normal.

Posted by
8139 posts

Sounds as if Supply and Demand is in action. The airlines are very adept at lowering fares when the seats are empty. If that doesn't fill'em up, they're open to cancelling flights too.

Congratulations on making a score.

Posted by
552 posts

Thanks! I'm beyond excited, and now I need to do those train tickets. :)

Posted by
417 posts

Wow! Great score on airfare! Now you have more money to go shopping!