Please sign in to post.

Airfare.com

Has anyone had any experience booking flights through Airfare.com? The have some really good prices for flights from Seattle to Europe, but I want to make sure they are a legit outfit. Thanks for your help.

Posted by
354 posts

Airfare.com is a legitimate business. Pros: They are a consolidator, and offer low prices. Cons: They are a consolidator, and usually don't provide much service after the sale. Some travelers have had problems trying to shift their consolidator ticket to another day/time, or getting refunds. Nothing shady, but definitely stricter rules.

Posted by
2 posts

AIRFARE.COM is a Scam. My daughter booked a flight to Europe and when the cancellation receipt came through, they had the wrong dates posted. When she called them, they said she had made a mistake and it would cost her $350 to change the dates. She immediately went online and found many instances of Airfare.com using the same "Bait and switch" on unsuspecting customers.

She called United Airlines and they checked and said the ticket had been VOIDED by Airfare.com,even though her account was debited for the full $887.83 amount.

THIS IS A SCAM FOLKS. DO NOT USE AIRFARE.COM

Posted by
2 posts

AIRFARE.COM is a Scam. My daughter booked a flight to Europe and when the reservation receipt came through, they had the wrong dates posted. When she called them, they said she had made a mistake and it would cost her $350 to change the dates. She immediately went online and found many instances of Airfare.com using the same "Bait and switch" on unsuspecting customers.

She called United Airlines and they checked and said the ticket had been VOIDED by Airfare.com,even though her account was debited for the full $887.83 amount.

THIS IS A SCAM FOLKS. DO NOT USE AIRFARE.COM