Please sign in to post.

Airfare

I've been looking for airfare for our trip in end of Oct to early Nov from Seattle to Berlin, Prague to Seattle. The cheapest airfare with one stop so far is Delta. $1000 tax included. Is this reasonable price?
Delta doesn't offer TV entertainment for free anymore. (last time I flown with them was in 2006, we could watch some movies). Does anybody know how much the fee is for TV entertainment on the plane?

Posted by
2091 posts

Holly, you probably found a better & more reasonable price than I did because you're leaving later in the year than we are! Delta does not charge for entertainment on international flights....I just checked their site to be sure.

Posted by
68 posts

This price does not seem unreasonable, especially from the west coast. You could keep searching into spring and hope it goes down, that's what we're doing right now.
We are seeing Minneapolis- Munich R/T end of Sept. early Oct. for around $ 950 -1000. Into Munich out of Berlin for a little over $1000. J&D

Posted by
23178 posts

We paid $1280 for a similar route in mid December. It was never below $1100. The days of consistent sub $1000 fares are gone except for a few unusual situations or scheduling.

Posted by
1035 posts

Buy! Odds of going up (new middle east unrest adds to this) are far higher than it going down.

Posted by
12172 posts

There is usually a fare sale in September. If it were me, I'd wait. That said, you're not me. The main thing is shop until you feel comfortable you are getting a decent price - then don't fret whether it goes up or down. Airline fares vary with oil prices. The unrest in the Middle East could go either way for oil. It could conceivably affect supply and make the price go up. Alternatively, it could remind people why they liked dollars in the first place and increase the value of the dollar, making oil prices and fares go down (paricularly if the U.S. gets it's financial house in order). If oil prices skyrocket, there is always the chance that the flight you book now will be canceled. The airline will cheerfully refund your purchase price - leaving you to buy a much more expensive ticket anyway.

Posted by
1035 posts

You have to ask yourself, if it is going to go lower, how much lower can it go. Maybe, $150? From the west coast, it won't go much lower. It may on the other hand go higher!