Please sign in to post.

Airbus 350-900 business class seats

The Airbus 350-900 business class seats have 6 across. They are angled towards sides of the plane or angled in towards the center if you are in the middle section. I’m traveling by myself and wonder which seat to choose. In the center section it looks like you are a bit more separated from your seat mate.
Can someone tell me the in’s and outs of choosing these seats?

Posted by
6389 posts

Sometimes is does and sometimes it doesn't. The seats have very little to do with the aircraft and are chosen by the airline.

Posted by
3519 posts

I would have to guess that you are referring to flights on Lufthansa? If so, I would choose one of the middle seats. You have direct access to an aisle without having to climb over anyone or anyone having climb over you. Just my preference. Other than that, don't see any major difference.

Posted by
9420 posts

Check YouTube to see if there’s a video showing you.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes on Lufthansa. I was thinking the center seats might be better so I wouldn’t have to climb over anyone or them over me if a window seat.

Posted by
4861 posts

Just realize that you will have zero privacy from the person seated next to you. One of the (IMO) deficiencies of this BC layout is the absence of privacy screens.

Posted by
3 posts

Looking at the seat layout on Seat Guru it looks as though I might not be as intertwined with my seat mat as on the window seats. Remember this is the AirBus with the angled 2+2+2 seating.

Posted by
11180 posts

Seat guru ceased updates around Sept 2021. . What you see there may not be current

The videos one can find doing a search ("lufthansa a350-900 biz class") the side seats really do not look to have much angle and the window person definitely has to crawl over the aisle person to get out. Traveling alone I would likely choose a center section seat

Posted by
1188 posts

I flew this in biz back in 2017 or 2018. I was travelling solo, and chose one of the center seats for exactly the reason mentioned above (not having to climb over/have some climbing over me if in one of the window pair.) It was fine. I don't remember feeling intruded upon by the person sitting next to me.

Posted by
222 posts

When we fly BC and have the options you mention, I always choose the seats by the window so as to have a little privacy. I usually choose window seats for my husband as well as myself so he can help put luggage in the overhead bin (usually one behind the other).. Often on the big jets, the overhead bin is on the window side only and high. Since I am short, it makes life easier that him having to go around and down the aisle on my side if in the middle.

Posted by
45 posts

@geodavky
I believe there are three layout versions of the A350 that LH flies. One is 2/2/2, one is 1/2/1 and one the Aligius(sp?) which looks like they are up-branding to United’s Polaris. Have you confirmed which equipment you are flying?

In a wide body, either A or B manuf, I have yet to see a configuration that doesn’t have overheads over the center seats so I’m curious what aircraft model doesn’t.