Please sign in to post.

Air France Premium Voyageur

Has anyone ever flown Premium Voyageur on Air France? We typically fly United Coach Plus. Does Premium Voyageur give you additional leg room? Was it a good experience?

Posted by
203 posts

http://crankyflier.com/2009/03/23/air-france-rolls-out-new-premium-economy-class/ It looks a lot like the premium economy on Alitalia's A330, which I flew last week. The article above seems to indicate that it is a touch better than United's Coach Plus. If it is on par with Alitalia's premium economy, in my opinon, it was a good experience and worth the extra money. I figured, on a 10 day trip, if I cut my expenses by about 70 euro per day (i.e. cheaper accomodations), then I offset the cost of the upgraded seat. I was actually able to sleep for about 4 hours on the flight over and hit the ground running for the entire day. Check out www.flyertalk.com, click "forums", click "airline programs" and then choose AirFrance and you can ask questions there. Very well traveled folks and airline employees on that site and they can answere just about any question you have.

Posted by
69 posts

Hi Sharon, I have only positives about the Premium Voyager on Air France. The seating is two-by-two in a kind-of shell, thus the seats recline inside it's own back and does not disturb the passenger behind. Additionally, Air France created this premium class in a separate cabin of the plane with only 24 seats, thus giving you a great sense of privacy and exclusivity. You receive a kit with essential toiletries, have the biggest IFE screens on the plane, and if flying on a 777-300 you even have access to the cabin's own private WCs. The leg space is fair and ample. I am a tall person! In my opinion, if possible, avoid Air France economy class - it is really crammy. However, besides the above, in Premium Voyager you receive normal economy class service on catering etc. bonne voyage!