Please sign in to post.

Air France A380-800 Economy

We will be sitting in the exit row on the upper deck for our flight from JFK to Paris. A few questions for anyone in the know.

• will we have difficulty putting our Carry-ons in the overhead compartment (purchased the Rick Steves carryon with european size requirements
  • has anyone sat in these rows and any suggestions on comfort, etc

thank you

Posted by
9110 posts

There's no correlation between seat and overhead compartment.

Posted by
40 posts

While I understand there is no correlation, in reading reviews in other forums, it mentions the back of the airbus having less room. I just want to make sure we will have room but I guess there are no guarantees for anything! I know that in many US airlines, they board the exit rows first and if that is the case, we should be ok.

thanks again for your information

Posted by
10120 posts

You'll love the A380-even upstairs in the back. It's so quiet! Seat pitch will be like any other economy seat but your seat will be a little narrower due to the tray table, your arm rest won't go, so how you make yourself comfortable is up to you. I found the seat padding a little thinner than the older planes. My husband didn't notice. You should be able to get your bag in. I don't remember how we boarded, but there are four doors, two upstairs and two downstairs, at least for exiting at CDG. I think everyone boarded on the two levels using the front door. It's a great plane--lucky you!

Posted by
715 posts

Although I have never been upstairs in the A380 I can vouch for what a wonderful plane this is. At the last minute (day before) one leg of my Swiss Air flight was cancelled (Zurich - Milan) so Swiss rearranged my flight on Lufthansa for the first and second leg. I needed up on an A380 bulkhead aisle seat and it was heaven. Lots of room, very quiet, but the food still sucked.