Please sign in to post.

Aer Lingus sale fares start at $345

From a recent email:

If you are flexible with your dates, use our website's calendar feature to get access to special, limited availability fares to Dublin from Boston, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Seattle.
Travel: May 1 - June 30, 2018.
Fares may represent a significant savings off our current advertised rates! Fares are limited and available on select flights and dates. Restrictions apply.
Book by April 15, 2018.

Saver fares start at $345 round trip from Boston, Hartford, JFK or Philadelphia to Dublin. From the west coast, fares start at $545 from Seattle and $565 from San Francisco. Saver Fares do not include checked bags or advance seat selection. Regular fares are around $80 more.

Posted by
3985 posts

I went to the Aer Lingus website and could not find $345 fares from JFK in the time frame of the OP. I checked a bunch of dates searching for that elusive fare. The best is $404 but it doesn't include checked luggage or seat selection.

It would have been nice if there were a link to those $345 fares from that email.

Posted by
312 posts

I used a Saver fare to visit Dublin from Boston during February. My fare was $415, though that wasn't the lowest one that got me to click the e-mail link and consider purchasing. I don't know what location and/or day and/or flight time would have netted the $399.

Consider that it's a Saver fare that is the "start at" price. Yes, it's available, but you may not find it's an idea that works for your situation.

By definition, the Saver fare doesn't include a checked bag. It's an a la carte idea -- you pick baggage or a seat assignment (and pay) only if you want them. I went carry on only, so not having a checked bag and its fee worked for me, but I discovered that I do want to pick a seat. I like the Aer Lingus 2-4-2 on its widebody planes, but even with only one person between me and the aisle when I got window, I do better with the aisle - but that's just me.