Please sign in to post.

Aer Lingus

Flyng from London to Dublin on Aer Linggus, but remember all the issues with Ryan Air. What kind of surprises might Aer Lingus throw at us?

Posted by
9363 posts

No surprises. Aer Lingus has nothing to do with Ryanair. i have flown with Aer Lingus four times now, and have had nothing but great experiences with them. Anyway, how bad could such a short flight be?

Posted by
905 posts

I flew Aer Lingus LHR-DUB last September. The only "surprise" was that the gate agent was super strict with carry-on sizes, making just about everyone attempt to fit their bags in the sizer. Otherwise, perfectly ordinary, pleasant flight with very nice attendants.

Posted by
2876 posts

" Aer Lingus has nothing to do with Ryanair." Not exactly right. Ryanair owns 30% of Aer Lingus.

Posted by
9363 posts

What I meant by that was that there is no reason to think that Ryanair and Aer Lingus would be anything alike. The flight experience is not similar between the two, the amenities are not the same, and Aer Lingus uses major airports. For the record, I don't have a problem with Ryanair, either, but Aer Lingus and Ryanair are not the same. The bottom line for both airlines (any airline, really) is that there are no surprises if you read the website and know their rules.