Please sign in to post.

Aer Lingus

I'm looking at an Aer Lingus flight from Paris to Indy through Dublin and Chicago. I haven't heard much about Aer Lingus. Has anyone had any bad experiences with Aer Lingus? Thanks!

Posted by
9363 posts

I'm not sure what the nationality of those traveling on the same flight has to do with anything, but I always fly Aer Lingus to Ireland from Chicago and back. Never had a bad experience of any kind with them - it's always been on time, bags arrived with me, the flight attendants were pleasant and efficient.

Posted by
332 posts

We flew Aer Lingus last fall from Dublin to Rome. The flight was much better than the American flight from Chicago to Dublin. We had more room in coach and better service. Aer Lingus is taking some pretty nasty cost saving steps that are worrisome.

"Last week, Aer Lingus chief executive Christoph Mueller said the company would be terminating the employment of all 1,200 cabin crew.

"Most would be rehired on inferior terms and conditions, but about 230 would be made compulsorily redundant and would receive only statutory entitlements of two weeks per year of service."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0319/breaking13.html