After months of planning, I think I've got my first leg of the itinerary locked down. I have got so much amazing advice through this forum so will ask a few questions before getting the tickets. I've read lots of previous posts on "when to buy", but that's not my only question.
Not having any clue what I was doing, I started using Travelocity's "My Scratchpad" option to see what airport around my home (Tallahassee) would be least expensive trying to get my family of 4 adults to Gothenburg or Stockholm. I found one-way tickets:
- Trip Total: $1,885.60 Norwegian Air Shuttle ($471.40 each) 9 hours 20 minutes nonstop (1/19/2017 price) leaving Ft. Lauderdale to Stockholm.
- Trip Total: $2,061.20 Norwegian Air Shuttle ($515.30 each) 9 hours 20 minutes nonstop (1/27/2017 price) leaving Ft. Lauderdale to Stockholm.
- Trip Total: $1,958.00 Norwegian Air Shuttle ($489.50 each) 32h 35m, 1 stop (in London) (1/31/2017 price) leaving Orlando to Gothenburg.
- Trip Total: $1,559.20Norwegian Air Shuttle ($389.80 each) 32h 35m, 1 stop (in London) (2/7/2017 price) leaving Orlando to Gothenburg. ($100 drop in one week!!!)
- Trip Total: $1,619.20 Norwegian Air Shuttle ($404.80 each) 32h 35m, 1 stop (in London) (2/11/2017 price) leaving Orlando to Gothenburg. (starting to climb again)
Atlanta's prices were the highest so I didn't list them. I'm "thrifty (cheap)" and this is my first ever trip with my family to Europe. I just want to be a good steward of my money.
- Should I jump on that price? (We like option 5 since the price is cheaper and our friends are nearby and can pick us up from the airport. Staying in Stockholm will end up with a hotel and train travel). We later will spend a couple days in Stockholm before flying to Munich on 7/10.
- Is Travelocity reliable to book through?
- Any other thing with which I should be concerned?