Please sign in to post.

Tour Guides in Rome

We are in Rome in April and concerned about which tour company/guide to use for the Vatican and ancient Rome. I am pleased with the Local tour guides' credentials but I'm not sure who is the best for value and satisfaction. Has anyone had experience with booking tours in Rome? If so please advise of which company you were totally satisfied with. Time is running out.
Steve

Posted by
208 posts

Hi, I have no experience yet, but try the search option on the helpline. You can probably pick up a thread with some advice to your question if no one here replies. Good luck!

Posted by
20 posts

Tania, Just a few minutes ago I booked a Vatican Tour with Italy-Museums.com. It looks great. I appreciate your reply. Good advice. I'm still searching for tours of ancient Rome and Venice.
Steve

Posted by
32329 posts

Steve, I'd suggest contacting Francesca Caruso to see if she's available when you're in Rome. She's an outstanding Guide with an incredible knowledge of the history, and I'm sure she would be able to provide an interesting tour of the sites you're interested in. AFAIK, her E-mail is [email protected] Happy travels!

Posted by
20 posts

Francesca must be a very good guide. She is booked through to July 2013.

Posted by
32329 posts

Steve, She's an excellent Guide, which is why I suggested her. If she's booked up, she's often able to recommend other reliable Guides. Cheers!

Posted by
20 posts

Ken, I now have a list of 5 of her good friends and colleagues. The underground tour of the Coliseum looks great but after heavy rains it can flood out and some tour companies do not offer refunds. Hmmm.
Thanks, Steve

Posted by
32329 posts

Steve, Hopefully it doesn't rain and you have a wonderful time in Rome!

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Steve, I live in Rome and always send my visitors on the Colosseum tour with Roman Empire Tours. They have small groups and friendly, knowledgeable guides. I've done it twice myself and my sister will be on the tour this Friday! http://www.romanempiretours.com/

Posted by
20 posts

Thanks Natalie! I will check out your link.
Steve