Please sign in to post.

Overnight Trains

I am trying to check the multicountry pass vs. point to point. I have all figured out except going on the overnight train for 3 of us from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Zurich Switz. DBahn will not give a price for this. Thanks

Posted by
9100 posts

Go to Swiss Rail web site at www.sbb.ch Look up the journey with the timetable search, select "fare/ticket", fill out all the requested info, and they will email you the prices within 48 hours.

Posted by
6898 posts

There are two ways to get to Zurich from Ljubljana. One way goes through Innsbruck, Austria. I can see the night run on www.sbb.ch that leaves at 20:31 and arrives at Zurich at 08:20. It's an 11hr. 45min journey. I can't see the fare.

For pricing, I looked at a second way which is Ljubljana/Venice-Mestre/Zurich. This is a daytime run. It's a 3:45hr. journey from Ljubljana to Venice-Mestre and the fare is 25euro (2nd class). You change trains in Venice-Mestre for Zurich. You change trains again in Milan. The Venice/Zurich journey is 7hrs. 35min. Very scenic. Fare for the Venice/Zurich leg is 83euro (2nd class). With one hour layover in Venice, the entire journey is about the same as the night train only it's during the day.