Please sign in to post.

milan or munich

I bought a plane ticket to milan and now think it would be best to fly into munich, it would cost an extra $250 to change. My question is would it be better to just ride a train to munich from milan or spend the extra $? My first stop on my travels will be Fussen, and I can't figure out how much it would cost to ride a train from milan. I am traveling at end of April so I am starting to panic.

Posted by
33555 posts

How much is time worth? That journey would take you all day. The best, easiest, journey is about 9 and a half hours with changes in Brig, Zurich and Buchloe (only 5 minutes for that one). I haven't priced that one out but I would be surprised if it is very cheap with you going so soon. How much is a day of vacation worth to you?

Posted by
2 posts

Good question. I was thinking that if the train would cost more than $100, then it would be worth it to me to just fly into Munich. Thanks for the input. Do you think at that time of year I need to call ahead and make reservations for everything, b&b, train, castle tours, etc..?