Please sign in to post.

Travel from Nuremberg to Berlin, HELP

I am planning a trip and in one part of my journey I plan on going from Nuremberg to Berlin. However, I haven't decided whether I should go through Leipzig and up to Berlin, or travel through Dresden to get to Berlin. And it would strictly be passing through by train, due to a time constraint. But that is why I'm wondering if one's scenery is better than the other, and if there is something anyone thinks I really should take the time to see I'd love opinions! Thanks to all who help me out!

Posted by
2829 posts

If you are time-constrained, take the fastest train that is convenient to your schedule. Just that :)

Posted by
12040 posts

The difference in scenery is neglible. And ICE trains are designed to get you from point A to point B as fast as possible, not to provide you with interesting scenery along the way. Often, all you can really see are the adjacent fields and Autobahn;

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi, With a time constraint (and, personally, even without it), I would suggest going Nuremberg-Berlin direct. This route on the ICE stops in Leipzig. Going on to Dresden, changing there to Berlin means you won't be riding the fast ICE. If I am going through Dresden intentionally, then I prefer to at least spend a few hours there, otherwise it's straight to Berlin from Nuremberg.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you all for answering! I guess it won't make a difference so I will go through Leipzig.