Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt to Paris

My family will be traveling to Frankfurt this June. We are spending 10 days in Germany and then plan to take a train to from Frankfurt to Disneyland Paris. What is the best way to get there and when can I make the arrangements? Thank you.

Posted by
15264 posts

there is a TGV (TGV Est) which connects the two in about 4 hrs. You can go to the TGV website (tgv.europe.com) and purchase the ticket on line.
I think it's too early for June. 90 days ahead is the maximum. For January I saw prices as low as 39 euros one way.

Posted by
8700 posts

Technically speaking, some of the direct high-speed trains between Frankfurt and Paris are French TGVs and some are German ICEs. While you can get the €39 discount fare on tgv-europe.com, it's a lot easier to book on the German Rail site. There is an allotted number of discount fare tickets so book ASAP (up to 92 days in advance). Discount fare tickets are for a specific departure date and time and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Be sure you can commit before booking. Your train will arrive at Gare de l'Est in central Paris. The RER is the Paris suburban train system. In central Paris the lines run underground like the Metro. One branch of the RER A line goes to Marne-la-Vallee - Chessy, the Disneyland station. From Gare de l'Est you can take Metro line 4 to the Chatelet Metro station, walk through the connecting tunnels to the Chatelet - Les Halles RER station, and take the RER A to Marne-la-Vallee - Chessy. However, you will be connecting in a huge transportation hub which can be a bit of a maze. If you don't want to do that, take Metro line 5 from Gare de l'Est to Oberkampf, Metro line 9 to Nation, and the RER A from there to Marne-la-Vallee - Chessy. For a zoomable map of the the Metro and RER systems, go here: http://tinyurl.com/6xmvms4.