Please sign in to post.

Alitalia

My husband and I went on a 2 week trip to Europe on July 30 guess what we flew Alitalia to Rome's Fiumcino Airport and we never saw our luggage again! We had to purchase clothing which we kept the receipts and sent to them plus the missing luggage and we never heard from them. I tried calling the phone number in New York but keep getting a busy signal... Help!!! Alitalia really sucks!!

Posted by
9363 posts

Sorry, we can't offer any help. There was a fairly recent (and lengthy) post on this helpline about Alitalia's tendency to misplace luggage. You might scroll down and see if anyone offered any suggestions, but I don't think people have been very succcessful in dealing with them.

Posted by
1449 posts

if you purchased your ticket with a credit card you might have some free included baggage insurance.

Posted by
359 posts

From the earlier post, I'd never fly Alitalia if I were checking luggage. I flew CDG-FCO in November and the plane was pretty awful - my seat felt like something was broken inside and would 'pop' every time I moved. There was some buzz about Air France taking them over, which would be good.
Sorry for your problem, but it sounds like this is unfortunately too common.