Please sign in to post.

Possible Itinerary

Planning for three weeks in May 2013 and so far I'm thinking... Paris-Lauterbrunnen,CH- Cinque Terre- Sienna-Rome in that order. It seems I can get a Train "saver pass" for three countries/5 days for slightly more than the cost of the train ticket from Paris to Lauterbrunnen alone. Even if we don't use the 5th day (or save it for contingency plans) it seems like the way to go. So am I missing anything such as a really bad logistical connection or a more cost effective way to do this? Any and all suggestions welcome and thanks in advance.

Posted by
2092 posts

Richard, are you looking at the 3-country, 5-day saver pass at US$454 per person? Where are you getting your prices for tickets from Paris to Lauterbrunnen? Using 14 November as the travel date, I went on the sncf.fr site and found tickets at about €98 per person which is about US$125. Using 4 October, they're €166. I used the site in French so that it wouldn't kick me over to the Rail Europe site which would typically overcharge.

Posted by
1825 posts

Darcy, thanks I'll try that. I entered UK as a but still got some crazy high prices.