Please sign in to post.

help! please

The thing is that im leaving to paris this friday ( the 11th)and i want to go from paris to nice on the 16th but im afraid if i book them now i might not get them ontime...even though there is an overnight shippin option...do you think i should book them now? or am i too latE?

Posted by
12040 posts

Do you mean rail tickets? Unless there is some major event occurring at both locations, you can probably buy your tickets at the station. For peace of mind, you can stop at one of the major rail stations in Paris on the day you arrive, and purchase tickets on the spot.

Posted by
251 posts

If you are talking about planes, what are they shipping you? I am under the impression that everything is E-ticket these days. If it is a plane I would reconsider and take a train.

If you are talking about trains. In france it is possible to reserve your tickets on line and pick it up in Paris (Gare de Lyon for Nice).

Even with no major events in either places weekend train reservations (especially TGV) tend to fill up quickly. (Many students in France go home on weekends and people who work in Paris go to their weekend homes etc...). If you want to be gauranteed a spot I would make a reservation now but don't have them send them to you.

If you are not going through there already use the

www.voyages-sncf.com That is the SNCF official web site.

Also on the Travler's Helpline>the West check a recent forum post on "trains from Paris to avignon" There is some helpful train discussion there.

Posted by
8700 posts

Discount fares for Paris-Nice on 16 January are still available at www.voyages-sncf.com. Click on the British flag in the lower left-hand corner. All iDTGV tickets, PREM'S, and PROMO PRIX MINIS are tickets you can print yourself at home. Standard fare tickets can be picked up at any station or SNCF boutique.

Whatever fare you get, leave France as the default country for retrieving your ticket. Do NOT choose cancellation insurance.

Also, see my comments about the Paris-Nice night train on your other thread.