Please sign in to post.

Denmark: Transportation from Aero to Nordborg?

Hello! I've been looking online, and am having a hard time figuring out how to go from Aero to Nordborg, which is a small town near Sonderborg and Als. Can anyone help? We'd like to go to Nordborg for a day because my husband's ancestors are from there. Also, after Nordborg, we'd like to start start our journey to France, possibly with some stops in Germany. Would it be best to drive (rent a car) or take a train? Thank you.

Posted by
20262 posts

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ Take ferry from Soby to Fynhav. Bus to Sonderborg Change to bus to Nordborg. Its backing tracking a bit, but the only way I can find using public transport.
Looks like about 10 miles from Fynhav to Nordborg. Taxi? Bicycle?

Posted by
20262 posts

Second part of your question, from Sonderborg train to Tinglev, change to train to Padborg, change to train to Hamburg, change to train to Cologne. From Cologne you can fan out to anywhere in France.

Posted by
403 posts

If you are considering renting a car, be sure to investigate the drop off fees for pick up in one country and drop off in another. Autoeurope quoted 500 Euros earlier this summmer to pick up in Belgium and drop off in Germany. Needless to say, we waited until Germany to pick up the car! You can always arrange 2 rentals, one for each country, and train in between. For example, you could take the train to Cologne and pick up a car for the Rhine/Mosel area, then drop it off and take a train to wherever you like in France and pick up the next car. (Unless it's Paris. Definitely DON'T want a car there!)