Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

I will be in Paris early October. Is a reservation to climb the Eiffel Tower recommended. Don't want to waste precious time standing in line for hours.

Posted by
20979 posts

Go ahead and make a reservation. Don't know when the one elevator repair will be done.

Posted by
7127 posts

Mary Anne,
I believe the elevators are back in operation now. I went over there 2 nights ago without a reservation and only waited in line 20 mins for an elevator to the top. No problem. I went about an hour before sunset and it was wonderful. The biggest problem with reserving ahead is that you don't know what the weather will be like on that particular day. The biggest problem without a reservation is the extra time it takes, but like I said it doesn't seem to be a problem now and it's still high season (although there's no real low season in Paris), so October should be even easier. Enjoy.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks so much for the info Nancy. I was hoping to go up into the tower late afternoon or early evening and then do the cruise down the Seine. I checked and sunset early October is approx 7:45 PM.