Please sign in to post.

TGV Train from Paris to/from Reims + Epernay - Need advice please!

Hello fellow travelers! I'm planning a day trip for 6 travelers to both Epernay (Moet Chandon) and Reims (Taittinger and Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin) for champagne tasting late September..in a few weeks :) I'd like to take the TGV Train from Paris to each city but can't find the exact trains and times. Per Rick's "FRANCE 2011" book there are 2 "Milk Run" (TER) trains that go to both cities but it doesn't specify where to look... Can someone please help point me in the right direction? I'd like to know the following info: Which train do we take that will get us to both Epernay and Reims? What's the most efficient path (Epernay first, then Reims - believe there is more to do in Reims so we'd probably want to end our day there) What time(s) does those trains leave from Paris? Which train do we take to get us back to Paris? What time does that train leave from either Reims or Epernay? Is it best to make reservations at these champagne houses? Understand there's no need to at Moet. And lastly (a big THANKS if you've had the patience to read this far :-)...any suggestions to make this a more fun, efficient time for the group would be appreciated. It's the first time my family has been to Europe (my first time champagne tasting) so I want to make it as easy and fun for them as possible! Merci!

Posted by
43 posts

Try the sncf website (societe national de chemin de fer or something like that, my French is far from perfect obviously but it's the website for the French national railways). I think it's www.sncf.fr or possibly .com There is a button to push to translate the site into English. It's kind of a clunky site to use at times, but you should be able to find what info you need, buy tickets, etc. If you buy tickets through the site, don't admit to being American. You'll get shunted to the raileurope site and pay more.

Posted by
33023 posts

This is a duplicate post. The other thread has other answers.