Please sign in to post.

Marco Polo Airport

Arriving in Italy on Sept. 5...need to take a bus to Pordenone to my mothers home. I have checked out the bus schedule on ATVO,very confusing, help!
Also are there pay phones in the airport and can I purchase phone card at the airport? Thank you

Posted by
20229 posts

I don't know for sure about pay phones and cards. I suppose they may have some, but everyone uses mobil phones these days.
There are trains roughly every half hour from Venice Mestre to Pordenone. There are frequent buses from Marco Polo to Venice Mestre. It's just a couple of miles away. www.trenitalia.com

Posted by
1005 posts

I was just there in May. Yes, there are a few pay phones, but I didn't see any stores that sold international phone cards. Ask at the tourist info deskyou'll see it as soon as you come out of baggage claim. If you have an AT&T or T-Mobile cell phone (or a newer iPhone from Verizon or Sprit), it will work in Europe. Your roaming charges may be high, but if you just need to make a quick call when you arrive, it might be the best solution. Then you can go to a phone store in Pordenone to explore your options.