Please sign in to post.

Iceland Air

My daughter, daughter-in-law, grand daughter and I are planning a trip to Paris and are looking at flying Iceland Air. Right now their price is about $400. less than anyone else. If any of you have used Iceland Air, what do you think about their service, etc. Thanks.

Posted by
8700 posts

You won't be sorry if you fly Icelandair. Their service is excellent.

Posted by
1525 posts

We used them for three round trips from Minneapolis to Europe and found them to be excellent in terms of (limited) service, and being on time. The change of planes in Iceland is very swift and very simple at the small but modern airport. They are a low-cost airline, however. The last time we flew with them (in 2010) they had discontinued free meal service. The only thing that was free was water, juice and soft drink. The planes are in good condition, but they are the smaller single-aisle 3+3 planes you are used to for domestic flights, not the wide-body double-aisle planes that typically cross the ocean, if that matters at all to you. It didn't to me.

Posted by
28 posts

Great airline with excellent staff, comfy seats and great on board entertainment. You do have to pay for food, but still get free drinks. Quick transit in Reykjavik goes quickly. I'd fly them again in a heartbeat.

Posted by
284 posts

I've used them a couple of time. They are great, especially if you can stop over in Reykjavik. The only downside is that they use narrow body aircraft (which means 1 aisle), which to me always feels like a domestic flight. They also only have food for purchase, if I recall correctly. Otherwise, they are a great option.

Posted by
40 posts

I'm glad to hear the positive aspects of Iceland Air. In September I will be flying with them for the first time to Paris. So far I've liked that they don't charge for luggage and that you can pick your seat free of charge.

Posted by
284 posts

Their planes are pretty nice as well. The IFE (inflight entertainment) is AVOD (audio/video on demand) for all the seats and they are newer 757s. Connections are pretty stress free and the airport in KEF runs fairly well. It's a short walk between planes and passport control is smooth.

Posted by
249 posts

It all sounds good to me. That's the way we will go. Thanks to everyone.

Posted by
90 posts

Definitely recommend Iceland Air. If possible you should plan at least one night stay over in Reyjkavik and if you stay on a Friday or Saturday night you will be most surprised about the very early morning closing of clubs and multitude of young people leaving clubs at 4:30 in the morning. Iceland Air was very professional and even though using 757 aircraft very comfortable. We will fly Iceland Air again.

Posted by
31 posts

I am flying IceAir for my trip in September. I have flown on them in the past and they are excellent. If you fly IceAir, it would be a great opportunity to see Iceland. I am staying there for a couple days on my way over to Europe.