Please sign in to post.

Rome to Amalfi

What is the best way to travel from FCO to Amalfi? I was told train from FCO to Termini, train to Naples, taxi to Amalfi. Also read train to Salerno, bus to Amalfi. Wondering about time & cost of either option, or another option.

Posted by
38 posts

Thanks for the response, Tom. I had done a little research on taxi pricing and found it to be quite costly. The taxi suggestion, however, came from a friend who has an aversion to buses and doesn't mind paying exorbitant prices for taxi service! I am not such a principessa! I will ride the bus and spend the $$$ on dinner & a good bottle of wine! Grazie!

Posted by
6898 posts

Amalfi is midway between Sorrento and Salerno on the Amalfi coast. You can get there by bus from either Sorrento or Salerno. Or, you can get there by ferry from either location as well. By train from Rome, you would take the Trenitalia train from Rome Termini to Napoli Centrale. From Napoli Centrale, you either go downstairs and take the private Circumvesuviana railway train to Sorrento or take the bus to the ferry docks to pick up the ferry to Sorrento. Or, from the bus station across the street from the Rome Tiburtina train station, you can take the Marozzi bus or the Currieri bus to Sorrento (3hrs). The bus runs are not as frequent as the train. At the Sorrento train station, you take the SITA bus to Amalfi. Anyway you cut it, its 3.5hrs-4.0hrs to get to Amalfi from Rome.