Please sign in to post.

Ryanair

Is there any general rule when Ryanair is the cheapest?

I can see that early and late departures are less. I also thought Tues. and Wed. were often less, but I don't always find that to be true. Any general rule?

How far out can you book a flight?

Posted by
4555 posts

Not necessarily the case that early and late flights at Ryanair are the cheapest. Their general rule is based on sophisticated analysis of traffic on each and every route. As well, if some time slots sell faster than others, prices will go up as the cheaper tickets disappear faster. Just find the cheapest flight and book it (bracket a couple of days if you can)....if you wait, it may be gone. Advance sales depend on the route, but Ryanair is selling tickets on most of their routes into September right now. Check their baggage charges and ticket restrictions.

Posted by
4555 posts

Not necessarily the case that early and late flights at Ryanair are the cheapest. Their general rule is based on sophisticated analysis of traffic on each and every route. As well, if some time slots sell faster than others, prices will go up as the cheaper tickets disappear faster. Just find the cheapest flight and book it (bracket a couple of days if you can)....if you wait, it may be gone. Advance sales depend on the route, but Ryanair is selling tickets on most of their routes into September right now. Check their baggage charges and ticket restrictions.

Posted by
61 posts

Thank you for the information. I didn't realize they were already booking for September. We plan to go to Europe in Sept.-Oct. but we will not know the exact dates until the beginning of April. Makes me a bit nervous to wait that long, but we have no other choice.

Posted by
9363 posts

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Ryanair has fare sales at odd moments all the time. You don't say where you are planning on flying from or to, but they seem to have something on sale a lot of the time. Just keep watching their website.

Posted by
2779 posts

Susan, Ryanair apply strategic dynamic pricing, which means if you query a friday to sunday trip the flights are a bit more expensive than for a thursday to saturday trip. however, a sunday to sunday trip tends to be cheaper than a fri to sun trip. also, of course, the earlier you book the cheaper it gets. I've booked our Hahn to Kerry flights for April 2008 in late October of 2007 and we got roundtrips for under €50 per person including all taxes and fees.

Posted by
258 posts

I don't know their formula but my brother and I booked flights about 5-6 weeks in advance. Then 4 weeks in advance they had a penny fare deal...which meant we overpaid about $100-$150 each :(