Please sign in to post.

golf in Scotland

I will be traveling alone. I don't want to drive. I will be flying from Seattle I want to get to Royal Dornoch and stay a few days. Then Dornoch to Aberdeen and stay a few days. Then Aberdeen to Leven for a few days. Then Leven to North Berwick for a few days. Then back to Seattle. Any suggestions on which airlines and routes, trains or busses from town to town would be very helpful. Even suggestions on what time of year to go would help. Steve

Posted by
3551 posts

last yr we drove on a sim golf routing to your plan. Without a car it would have been very involved effort by public bus but prob doable with lots of time and patience. have you considered a golf tour company? If not the public bus schedules are online. May or early Fall are the best times for best weather & fewer golfers.
Playing will be expensive. If you go they generally give you a tee time solo unless you ask to join up w/someone.

Posted by
1266 posts

Steve - You may want to consider Edinburgh & Inverness for your golf vacation. Check out this web site for golf courses outside of Edinburgh www.golfeastlothian.com. May personal favorite is The Glen Club. In the Inverness area along with Royal Dornoch is Tain, Castle Stuart, Nairn, Nairn Dunbar and Old Moray. All are accessible by train or bus. You can check out www.eastcoast.co.uk for schedule information for trains from Edinburgh to Inverness, Inveness to Aberdeen & Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Also as an fyi British Airways has flights from Sea-Tac to Edinburgh for as low as $1,275 departing late August.