Please sign in to post.

Charles de Gaulle Airport Paris

We are picking up our son and friend in our rental car at CDG at 7 a.m. Getting through customs and retrieving luggage, we estimate setting an 8:30 a.m. pickup time. They are arriving on Air France at Terminal 2E, I believe. What is the easiest way to do this?

Posted by
9110 posts

Are all of you flying in, but at two slightly different times - - or are you driving out to the airport to pick the other folks up? And, if you're all arriving by air, what terminal are you using?

Posted by
5 posts

We will already be in France, touring in our rental car, a week before our son arrives. He arrives at Terminal 2E at 7 and hopes to be available for pickup about 8:30. We'll be driving from the Reims area to CDG to pick up the two of them. We are then driving south to tour Fountainbleau that same day.

Posted by
9110 posts

Drive into the airport and follow the signs for short-stay parking. You're looking for Lot PEF (which means Parking for terminals E and F). Leave the car and walk into the area of 2E just outside the arrivals hall and meet him there. Parking in short-day is about five bucks an hour. Don't even think about driving around and around the loop waiting for him to come out. The whole place is well-signed, you won't have any problems.

Posted by
5 posts

I appreciate the advice. Having returned a rental car to CDG last year and having great difficulty doing it, I especially like the idea of parking instead of driving around in a circle. Thank you!