Please sign in to post.

Zurich

I will have a layover of 5 h. in Zurich. What can I do there? Can I visit city? How long is traing ride between airport and the city? Is it complicated? Thank you.

Posted by
97 posts

ZRH is an efficient medium size airport, but beware that it takes a long time to get from check in counter to your gate. Not because of delays, it just takes a while to walk and walk and then take a tram out to the gate. I remember seeing a sign that said "from this point 25 minute walk to gate" or something like that. I didn't believe it, didn't think it could possibly take so long, especially since we had already passed security. But it really took a while to get out to the gate.

Posted by
19092 posts

The S-Bahn runs directly from Zürich Flughafen to Zürich Hbf in 10-15 min. There is an S-bahn every 10 or so minutes, plus trains. Fare: 3.20 CHF. The Hbf is right in town, so there are things you could see with getting too far away. Remember, you need to be back at the airport well before (~2 hrs) flight time. Go over the bridge to the old town, walk down the Limmat to the lake, etc.