Please sign in to post.

Train from Florence to Rome

We would like to leave Santa Maria Nouvella station in early morning, go to Rome, and return late in evening to SMN. But I can't find SMN on Eurostar! Is this a direct route? Is there a symbol for the station I'm not inputting correctly? I'm trying to get an idea of pricing and schedules. Thank you!

Posted by
17249 posts

You need to use the Trenitalia website, not Eurostar. Start typing Firen. . . and the drop-down menu should offer the choice Firenze SMN. Enter Roma for your destination and select "Tutti Stazione" or "Roma Termini."

Posted by
17249 posts

It is confusing, because the fast trains in Italy are called Eurostar (ES) too. But the Trenitalia website now calls them Frecciarossa or Frecciargento (Red Arrow or Silver Arrow). When are you going? I see there are still some 19 euro mini fares left at the end of May; if you are going later than that you should be able to find some for your dates too.

Posted by
8700 posts

You can book high-speed trains on the Trenitalia site up to 120 days in advance. Doing so can get you a Mini fare as low as €9.00. Book ASAP because when the allotted number of tickets at that price are sold, the fare keeps going up in 10 euro increments. The standard 2nd class fare is €45.00.