Please sign in to post.

Switzerland train travel

1. Does the Golden Pass from Montreaux to Interlaken follow the same path? 2. When I try to enter an itinerary on the Rail Europe website it always defaults to the Golden Pass trains. How can I book regular trains? 3. Traveling from Montreaux to Interlaken, which side of the train has the best views? Are the windows better on 1st class versus the 2nd class? 4. We want to take a train from Zurich to Fussen, Germany and can't seem to find a route to realize that. Is there a way, or at least something close to Fussen? 5. Does the Swiss Pass give the same discounts as the 1/2 fare card for all the train/gondolas/boat/etc trips in the Interlaken area?
I know that is a lot, but they are related.

Posted by
33553 posts

1. as what? Sorry, question 1 makes no sense. 2. Don't use RailEurope. Use rail.ch 3. Both sides good at different times. Windows in first and second both made of glass. Both plenty big. Both clear. 4. Use the correct spelling, using either umlauts or "ue". 4b. Use either the Swiss website rail.ch or the German Bahn website www.bahn.co.uk 5. dunno

Posted by
17249 posts

Hi Sheila, it is not clear what you want to do with the Golden Pass line. If you want to travel the same route on regional train, you do not need to book in advance. There are not reserved seats on those trains. Use rail.ch for the schedule. If you want to travel on the Golden Pass scenic train,with the special cars, you can book that on their own website, www.golden pass.ch ( darn iPad won't let me skip the space). This is better than Rail Europe as you can actually choose you seat from a diagram of the rail car.