Please sign in to post.

Best time to buy airline tickets to Switzerland

Hi- We have a question on when it might be best to buy airline tickets to Switzerland for a trip that we are planning for this October. We are planning a 7-9 day trip to Switzerland and are looking at being there sometime in the first 2 weeks of October. My questions are: right now, airline tickets look pretty high for that period now. When would be the ideal time to purchase tickets when the price would be cheapest? And, which cities would be best to come into and leave from? Would coming in and/or leaving from other cities outside Switzerland be any cheaper? (We were thinking of coming in Zurich and leaving from Geneva, or vice versa, but are completely flexible on this- we're just looking for a good deal on the price.)
Many thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Posted by
23290 posts

There is no answer. Just a bunch of personal opinions that mean little. The current conventional thinking is that fares are high and probably will stay high because of reduced airline capacity, raising fuel costs, etc. However, some will suggested that 45 - 60 days out is good. Personal I think it is a little early but I would set a price you are comfortable with and watch. If it hits that price buy. It is like trying to buy stock at the bottom. Nearly impossible. Farecompare.com will give some historical data but not a prediction. Good luck. It is a dice roll.