Please sign in to post.

Another Oyster Card Question

I've been researching the Oyster card for our trip this June. We will be arriving at London City Airport and then connecting to our flight home out of Heathrow. We have 8 hours layover so we have plenty of time to make our way to Heathrow. My question is how much do I need to have loaded onto our Oyster cards? I've found that it costs 4 pounds to travel from London City Airport to Bank(?). I know that Heathrow is in zone 6 but I haven't been able to find out what the fare is for that zone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by
340 posts

Go to www.tfl.gov.uk/tube According to that site's single fare finder when using an Oyster Card it will cost £4.80 Mon - Fri between 0630 and 0930 and between 1600 and 1900, or £2.90 at all other times.

Posted by
5533 posts

Are you going directly from London City to Heathrow or are you planning to do some sightseeing in London that day? If you will be doing some sightseeing, another option is to buy a one-day travelcard for zones 1-6 (assuming you don't already have an Oyster card). The prices are on the site that Mary pointed out (tfl.gov.uk).