Please sign in to post.

Transfer from Naples to FCO Rome airport

We are planning to visit Italy in May 2012. Our flight back to US is at 11am. Please advise us what choices we have for the transfer from Naples to FCO Rome airport. How much will it cost and how long will it take?

Posted by
8700 posts

The first train from Napoli Centrale to Roma Termini departs at 06:50. At Termini you would catch the Leonardo Express to FCO where you would arrive at 08:53. However, that's way too late! You should be at FCO a full three hours before a flight across the Atlantic. Spend your last night in Rome and take the Leonardo Express to the airport in the morning. The express runs twice an hour, departing at 22 and 52 minutes past the hour. Taking the 07:22 express will get you to the airport at 07:53. The fare is €14.00. Don't forget to validate your tickets before boarding the train. If you don't, you'll have to pay a hefty fine on the spot.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks a lot Tim! They don't have shuttles to the FCO Rome airport? And do you know how much will cost taxi from Napoli to FCO Rome airport?

Posted by
23369 posts

Have you looked at a map? Naples is a loooong way from Rome. There are no shuttles to the airport from Naples. The train is you only option and the Leonard Express to the airport is the best option since you are already in the train station. There are shuttles from Termini to the airport but not sure why you would prefer that. With a 11 am departure I am assume it is a connecting flight in Europe to your flight home. Have you consider flying out of Naples? Would not more sense. A taxi would be a couple hours and perhaps 200+ Euro if anyone was willing to make that drive. What you are suggesting is not workable.

Posted by
4152 posts

Shuttles are not a common thing in Italy. Certainly not from Naples to Rome. It's over an hour by high speed train. There are bus services you can look into but I would suggest taking the train and saving a lot of time and money. Donna

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you very much for your help, and quick response! Vadim

Posted by
389 posts

If you must fly out of FCO, you need to spend the night in Rome or at FCO hotel prior to flight. Then, you can take any train up the evening prior. There are multiple trains.

Posted by
8700 posts

Just out of curiosity I googled "Shuttle Naples Fiumicino" and found several references to private car services. I picked one and did a price check. For 1-3 people in one vehicle the fare was €300 (night fare not included). The estimated travel time is three hours. As I and others have said, spend your last night in Rome.

Posted by
524 posts

Vadim RS's Guides, Italy included, have travel information on how to get from one city to the next and airports too. If the information isn't there (such as Naples to Rome Airport), it doesn't exist. Suggest you buy RS Italy Guide or at least check it out of the library. Invaluable basic info! Bobbie