Please sign in to post.

Travel through UK/Ireland

My boyfriend and I are planning a 2-4 week trip (still in the works...we have one month available but not sure on budget yet) in March to England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales (we're hoping to see a bit of each!). We are wondering the cheapest way to travel from place to place within the country. We have purchased a Eurail pass for a trip through France/Benelux. I know there is a BritRail pass available, but we have been living in Germany for 6 months, so we have residency I think, so I think InterRail passes are available to us...am I right? But I've also read about Megabus, as well as another bus service (forgotten the name). We don't have a set itinerary yet, but we are flying into London. Any advice on wear to start? We are also students (age 23) so any student deals would be great as well. Thanks :)

Posted by
11 posts

I highly recommend using a car in England/Wales/Scotland. Best places to see are remote and not easy to get to with a bus or train. Also the best B&Bs are away from the towns and they are much less expensive. However, do NOT rent a car in Ireland. Extremely expensive and I find that trains and buses are VERY economical and go almost everywhere. Also Ireland offers great deals on day tours.