Please sign in to post.

long term car rental

I am planning a long stay in Europe. I plan to pick up a long term rental in either CDG or Orly. Which is easier to get to with several bags as I will spend a few days in Paris sans car to get over jet lag?

Posted by
2876 posts

Have you looked into leasing a car rather than renting? Renault & Peugeot both have leasing programs. You can lease up to 170 days (Renault) or 175 days (Peugeot). You get a brand new car, full insurance coverage, 24/7 roadside assistance, and it's almost always less expensive than a long term rental. Both programs offer pickup (and dropoff) at both CDG and Orly. We've leased with Renault 3 times and each time it worked out great.

Posted by
12172 posts

Also there is no pick-up/drop off fee for a lease, if it's picked up/dropped off in France. Full CDW is included in the quoted price, it's not an add-on.

Posted by
2829 posts

Out of France, rates for -off fees are also acceptable somehow (more than with car rentals). € 300 for Rome, € 200 for Amsterdam... not so of a bad deal.

Posted by
805 posts

Tom is right. Do a Renault or Peugeot lease out of CDG. We have done Renault once and Peugeot twice, they are the route to go. We take the RER into Paris for 3 nights and then take it back out to CDG to pick up the car. Read what Rick says about packing and pare down the "several bags", they are a burden wherever you go.

Posted by
11 posts

I've looked into this option myself-- Peugeot lease instead of the typical rental. It saves money vs. rental, but how does it compare to train travel cost? It allows much more freedom, but is it worth driving through unfamiliar territory?