Please sign in to post.

Layover in Frankfurt

We have a 10 hour layover in Frankfurt on the way to South Africa from Vancouver Canada. I would like to know if there are any day rooms to rent. I tried one hotel but could not reserve online as it would not accept the same day check in and out even though they advertised day rooms Inphoned the hotel but they would not reserve via phone. Anymideasmwould be welcom

Posted by
9023 posts

Dayrooms will probably cost almost as much as an overnight, as the housekeepers have just as much to clean. Airport hotels are pricey anyway, but I know the Sheraton does a day room price. Have you looked into using one of the lounges at the airport? They have places to lay down and relax, showers, food, etc. and the price will probably be similar to a hotel. Alternative is to book a budget hotel in Frankfurt, like the Excelsior or Hotel Monopol for about 65 euro. They are located right out of the South exit of the train station and are only 11 min. away from the airport, with a train every 15 min. Probably faster to get there than to some other "airport" hotel where you may wait for 20-60 min. both ways on a shuttle bus and pay more for the room. Some of them even charge for the shuttle bus. A group day ticket for Frankfurt to the airport is 14.90 euro.

Posted by
1986 posts

A number of years ago we were in a similar situation and were able to get a day room at the Sheraton at Frankfurt airport- at that time it was just a pedestrian bridge from the terminal to the airport. however, if you have done an overnight from west Coast, we prefer taking the train into frankfurt old town, walk around, see the Dom, light lunch (McDonalds is available if you must). Much better preparation for the long flight to Johannesburg If you cant reserve a day room, just pitch up. About 10 am they do an inventory and see what rooms they have available- we have been lucky