Please sign in to post.

Transportation in Rome

Is there a train from the airport to the Termini in Rome?How often does it run? If not, what is the best way to get from the airport to the city center?
thanks

Posted by
9110 posts

The Leonardo Express runs every half hour, non-stop to Termini. I think it's fifteen euro. It takes right at thirty minutes.

Posted by
6898 posts

The train station at the Rome-FCO airport is in front of Terminal 3. The Leonardo Express arrives at Rome Termini on track 24 which is a small distance from other tracks. The fare is 14Eu. There is another Trenitalia train that makes this run from the airport but it goes instead to the Rome-Tiburtina train station. It does not stop at Rome-Termini. Fare on that train is 8Eu.

Posted by
32327 posts

Constance, As the others have mentioned, the Leonardo Express is by far the quickest method to get from FCO to Roma Termini. The trip is about half an hour and there are frequent departures. You can purchase tickets right at the airport station, either from staffed ticket windows or automated Kiosks. When I was there a few months ago, the cost was €14 from the Kiosk and €15 from the staffed ticket office. One important point to mention - DON'T FORGET to validate your ticket in the yellow machine, as you may be fined on the spot without validation and it won't be cheap! You might find it very helpful to have a look at This Excellent Website. Buon Viaggio!

Posted by
2429 posts

Ken is right about validation, friends did not do that on train and I think their fine was about 50 euro each on the spot.

Posted by
2207 posts

Constance, these links have plenty of pictures and descriptions of the recently remodeled Leonardo Express, the FR1 Metropolitan, and some Transportation options from (FCO) to the city of Rome. Good Luck!

Posted by
1010 posts

My husband and I had the hotel staff (River Palace Hotel) make our transportation to/from the Rome airport. It worked out great. The taxi driver picked up the two of us and drove us to the hotel. Then when we returned we had a private taxi again.