Please sign in to post.

Heathrow to London - Christmas Day

My husband and I will arriving at Heathrow early Christmas morning. With the closure of all public transportation, we're in desperate need of affordable transportion options.
Please HELP!!!!

Posted by
4555 posts

This was discussed extensively in mid-September...do a search in the upper right corner for "Heathrow Christmas". Your only options appear to be the "Heathrow Express," which will likely be bus service that day, then a cab....or, as some have suggested, cabbing it with other people from Heathrow.

Posted by
9098 posts

The Heathrow Express train to Paddington Station does operate on xmas day. From Paddington your only option is to walk or use a taxi.

Posted by
5470 posts

I'm not sure what the situation will be with the Heathrow Express. Their website indicates that "Engineering works will take place at this time. More details to follow.
25 December 2007 to 26 December 2007".

I'd suggest that you post your question on tripadvisor's London Forum ... I've seen a lot of postings about Xmas openings there.

Posted by
8700 posts

While I haven't done it myself, I've read that booking a minicab IN ADVANCE will be cheaper than taking a black cab.

Posted by
8700 posts

One more option is a private car service. Many people on the Fodors board recommend www.justairports.com. There is a sizeable discount for paying cash.

Posted by
137 posts

Cindy, Check with your travel agent or your hotel to see if they will provide a driver in advance for your trip from Heathrow to London. We were in London on Christmas a few years ago and walked everywhere that day. It was wonderful. But, it is a long way to walk from Heathrow to London. Black cabs were too expensive. Bus is very reliable but consider dragging your luggage on board.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you all for the great advice. I'll let you know which route we chose to go with.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi cindy,
My Girlfriend and I will be arriving christmas day around 1PM also. I am wondering if you have found something so far for transportation.

If all else fails maybe we can all pitch in for a cab?