Please sign in to post.

Air France Strike???

Have heard Air France will strike between 10-24 and 10-29. Called AF and they said to keep checking web site and if flights are cancelled they would call. Any more information?

Posted by
423 posts

Hi Mary, no one has commented on your post so I took a break and did some searching. AF website states:

Air France crew member Industrial Action

Several Air France cabin crew unions have called for an industrial action by the cabin crew staff from Thursday, october 25th to Monday, october 29th included. Air France plans to operate all its long-haul flights and about 90% of its medium and short-haul flights. Air France sincerely regrets the situation and will do its utmost to fly its passengers to their destination. For more information on your flight, please refer to the Flight information / Flight status section.

So if you are flying "a long haul" you should be fine. I would start researching what your other flight options could be. I was stuck in the middle of the strike one time and was put on another carrier - I was prepared and told them which airline and flight I preferred.

Posted by
808 posts

So what happened? I didn't hear anything about this...I've been totally out of the loop for the past week or more. Been at a remote Cabin with no TV, no nothing...
Did this affect any of us?

Posted by
4 posts

Our flight was scheduled to leave Paris 10/30 at 10:40 am. We kept checking the site and our hotel clerk kept an ear out while watching the news but neither of us couldn't get any info except late Monday night AF stated the strike was over. We showed up at the airport 3 hours early and got checked in fast & easy using the kiosk since we weren't checking bags (note: our carry-ons contained everything we needed for 8 days of sightseeing & conference attending including evening wear with extra shoes for both of us - it can be done! Yeah Rick!). Regular checkin was very slow with confusion and folks left from cancelled flights. Security was very thorough and slow causing our flight to be delayed over an hour waiting for folks who didn't arrive at the terminal early enough to get through security in a timely fashion. Not sure if the heightened security had anything to do with the strike or not.