Please sign in to post.

London to Amsterdam

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get to Amsterdam from London? Am on a Rick Steves tour that ends on Saturday, May 26th...want to go to Amsterdam on the 26th and fly back to the states on the 28th. It's much cheaper to fly into and out of London. Should I get roundtrip train tickets? Where and how? Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by
8700 posts

A very cheap and relaxing way to make this trip would be to take the DutchFlyer rail & sail journey: train from London to the coast, ferry across the channel, and train to Amsterdam. All-inclusive price of 25 GBP. There is an overnight service that costs a bit more because you are given a cabin in which to sleep. Go to www.dutchflyer.co.uk for the timetables, fares, and booking.

Posted by
505 posts

Fly, however it's just 5 weeks before your flight, the cheapest seats may not longer be available. If you don't find low prices, check train prices as well.

Kate

Posted by
22 posts

Is this something that should be booked ahead of time (as in, does it sell out)? Also, if I do need to book it ahead of time, how soon do I need to book it?

Thanks,