Please sign in to post.

parking in florence

i have seen concerns about parking in Florence but we are staying at the Ambasciatori B&H Hotel in Florence. Is there parking near it and how difficult is driving there from Pisa?

Posted by
23568 posts

A brave and wealth soul to drive in Florence. The big issue is the TLZs. I would check with the hotel about parking and if there are in or near a TLZ.

Posted by
813 posts

We followed Rick's recommendation and parked at the Porta Romana which doesn't look at all like a parking lot but it is. It was along walk into town but the traffic is Florence is simply horrendous ... that's why we have wheels on luggage. Contact your hotel to find out what their parking recommendations are. Even to let you get into town to just drop off your bags they will need your license plate number lest you have a very ugly surprise when you turn in your rental car. Once you get into the city you will see why they keep all non resident vehicles out. The drive from Pisa is easy. 2006 was my first visit to Florence. My wife had been in 1971 and loved it then but has no desire ever to return to today's Florence. As one of the clerks in a shop on the Pont Vecchio said, "Oh, you were here when it was very nice."

Posted by
12313 posts

We found an underground parking lot about one mile directly north of downtown and walked to our hotel from there. Theoretically, your hotel can clear you to drive into a ZTL to drop off your luggage. The problem is, if you're ticketed because your hotel forgot to call, you're stuck paying the fine.