Please sign in to post.

Rome to Venice

2 Questions- 1) we are flying from Rome to Venice Oct 6. What is the best airline to take? 2) I have heard that if you have an early morning flight - 6:00AM to stay at a hotel close to the airport in Venice - suggestion? recommendations? Grazie
barbara

Posted by
23342 posts

Actually the train. It is about twice as fast.

Posted by
3313 posts

To add more detail - You need to calculate the time from the Rome train station to the airport - arrive 2 hours before the flight. Flight time to Venice. Then time to collect your bags and get on a bus to go to the train station where you would have arrived if you'd just taken the train from Rome.

Posted by
32222 posts

Barbara, As the others have mentioned, travel by train from Rome to Venice is much faster (and also much more pleasant). As I recall, that trip is 3H:48M via EuroStar Italia / Alta Velocita. I'm assuming you're going to be in Rome for a few days prior to the trip to Venice? If that's the case, travel by train is a much better choice! With a flight at 06:00, I would definitely stay close to the airport. You might have a look at the Rome Airport Hilton as it's connected to the airport (you can walk to the Terminals). Happy travels!