Please sign in to post.

Night Train Vienna to Zurich

My wife and I want to take the night train from Vienna to Zurich in September. We'll have rail passes but I'm not sure I understand how to first reserve the train and second reserve a sleeping compartment for just the two of us. Anybody have experience or suggestions?

Posted by
32767 posts

It looks like the train you will want will be the: Station/Stop Date Time Platform Products Wien Westbahnhof We, 13.07.11 dep 22:26 7 EN 466 EuroNight Subject to compulsory reservation, Bicycles conveyed - subject to reservation, Number of bicycles conveyed limited, 2nd class only seated accommodation, Sleeping-car, Couchettes, space for wheelchairs, Wheelchair space - Advance notification necessary, call +43 (0) 5 1717, WC accessible for wheelchair St.Pölten Hbf dep 23:10 Linz Hbf dep 00:11 5AF Wels Hbf dep 00:25 2 Salzburg Hbf dep 01:40 Innsbruck Hbf dep 03:40 3AD Bludenz dep 05:26 3 Feldkirch dep 05:45 4 Buchs SG 3 Sargans 4AC
Zürich HB Th, 14.07.11 arr 07:20 9 I don't do overnight nor passes (I generally think point to point gives better value) so I can't answer your question directly - I'd start with the Austrian Railway and a page like http://www.oebb.at/en/Travelling_abroad/SparSchiene/Switzerland/index.jsp and remember that if the pages are in German there is a button on the upper right for English. If I didn't get what I wanted there I'd look at the Swiss site at www.sbb.ch and click into English.