Please sign in to post.

Glasgow, Scotland

I'm embarrassed to ask this since I asked it once before. Does anyone know the best way to get from the Glasgow Airport to downtown? I'm staying at the Glasgow Marriotte (on someone from the message board's recommendation. I'm also in Glasgow for 24 hours. What's great to see?

Posted by
1840 posts

I absolutely know how to get from the airport to downtown Glasgow. I do not know where your hotel is or how to get there. At the airport you will go from the departure level to the ground level following easy to read signs. You will go out the "front door" to the uloading and lodaing sidewalk. You will see a bus stance in between the lanes of to and from traffic. Being careful to watch for traffic you will go to the bus stance and ask the drivers standing around if they are going to Buchanan Station. Buchanan Station is about as near the center of town as you can get without a taxi. I don't know if you are one bagging or not so I can't recommend your route from the bus station to the hotel.You might try doing some research as far as how far it is. Cabs are available outside the Buchanan bus station.

Posted by
5678 posts

Kate, The bus will take you right downtown to one of the train stations. There is an information center directly outside the international arrivals area that can help you. It's very easy. It looks like it's about 7 blocks from the Central Train Station to the Marriott. I suggest that you ask the Marriott for directions. If you are traveling light you should be able to walk. Pam