Please sign in to post.

NEW YORK

Need information on transportation from JFK New york
to Manhatten(near times square). Wanted to go this year for 10th anniversay of 9/11. Thanks

Posted by
693 posts

Lorraine, the following is the website of JFK airport. Click on ground transportation and read all the instructions. I have taken the van service to my hotel in the past; however, this was from LaGuardia. It worked exactly like the JFK website says (and, coincidentally, I was also there for the same anniversary): "Reservations for shared-ride van and private car services can be made at the Welcome Center/Ground Transportation Information Counters located on the Arrivals level of each terminal. If the counter is closed, there is a convenient self-service kiosk nearby where you can contact authorized shared-ride or private car services." The next paragraph warns you to stay away from drivers who solicit you and tells you to stick with the legit transportation providers. It was easy, the wait time was about half an hour for the van but from JFK there are other options, as well.

Posted by
687 posts

I don't recommend the shuttle. Not only are you likely to get stuck in traffic, but if you're unlucky your hotel will be the last on the list. In that case you'll get a free tour of Manhattan, but it will take forever to get to your hotel. After my shuttle experience I switched to the AirTrain and the subway.

Posted by
14 posts

Hi Anna Thanks for the information.It is exactly what I needed. Elsie