Please sign in to post.

viamichelin

we just got back from a trip to France which included driving for 6 days. We found Viamichelin.com the best driving directions website. I printed off all the possible directions I could use ahead of time and found them to be very accurate.

Posted by
69 posts

I agree as well. I used it last year for all my routes in Eastern Europe and Austria/Italy. Even though I bought maps, there really was no need since it was that accurate. Can't recommend it more for anyone renting a car in Europe.

Posted by
842 posts

I have to agree with Kent. We have driven in Europe four times. I have driven in some pretty tough spots; Rome, Palermo, etc, and have an excellent navigator ( my wonderful wife!)who can read the Michelin maps, and the detailed Mich. print-outs we took. But the last trip in June was enough for us.

A friend of our sells Real Estate, and told us that we were crazy not using a GPS. She puts her GPS on the seat next to her, and lets the audio portion of the GPS do all the work. No maps to read and decipher....no "is the road that is on the map"?

Since we always rent from autoeurope.com, I am going to wait until they have have one of the specials where they throw in the free GPS rental with the car, for our trip to Portugal this December.

Posted by
39 posts

thanks for the info on the gps systems...we thought of that, but preferred to spend the $$$ on wine instead!