Please sign in to post.

Venice: Airport to Pensione Guerrato transportation

We are a group of 6 4 adults and 2 children 5 & 8 flying into Marco Polo Airport. Is the Alilaguna water bus the best option for transportation to Pensione Guerrato? The RS Italy book mentions water taxis for up to 4 people. Is there anything better than the Alilaguna for 6 people at 90 Euro?

Posted by
340 posts

For your group a water taxi would not only be worth the cost but a fun choice for you to enter Venice with something like your own private tour. We have taken water taxis in the past for a group of 4 - 6 adults. 2 children would easily fit. I think Rick is saying that if your group equals 4 (or more) the shared price of a taxi works out to be a better value. There are several good things about the taxi. When traveling with little ones and luggage it is really nice to be taken directly to your hotel. Much better than getting off at the "water bus" stop, figuring out where you are, then managing your luggage to the hotel over the bridges, cobblestones and narrow walkways. I usually book ahead to save time on arrival. You save a little by booking your return at the same time, if you will need it. The airport is small and it is easy to find the transportation desk. I use this website www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng. It will probably be more like 100 euros but still a good value. Probably 90 if you book the return. Definitely use the vaporettos for most of your getting around once you arrive.
Have fun!

Posted by
199 posts

Thanks, Lise. From yours and other good comments I am convinced that is the way to go for us. A little more expensive, but worth it for the experience of ease of travel.

Posted by
73 posts

We took the bus from the airport to the piazza roma, it was about 3 euro. The we followed the directions to the pension. We did purchase a pass at the airport for the water transportation. The water trans prt. was to the Rialto market stop. When they say get off go through the gate turn right walk 2 or 3 streets they are really lanes, narrow walk ways.
This place is so central you will love it. Have fun.