Please sign in to post.

Prague to Frankfurt

Hi there, I'll be starting a Eurail pass on the 12th of May that will last for 31 days and end on the 11th of June, but i'll be in Europe till the 15th. I'll be in prague on the 11th and need to get to frankfurt airport to fly back to the USA on the 15th. My friend will have a working eurail pass that will allow me to ride the train to frankfurt. Will i be able to use it? If not, will they check my passport? will it matter as long as he willingly gave it to me? he will be studying in prague and won't need it, we're travelling before he stays there. buying a ticket for a plane is very spendy, as is a new rail pass or a P2P... thanks so much!!! oh it should be said i'm 20 years old... :p

Posted by
2 posts

I was recently in Germany using a German Rail pass, to and from Frankfurt, Berlin, and elsewhere. Every time I presented the pass, the ticket guy also checked my passport. I was guessing to match names. I am not sure this is always done. Good luck.

Posted by
23568 posts

I absolutely sure that passes are non-transferable. Therefore, you would have a huge problem if caught using his pass. Far more expensive than buying a point to point ticket.