Please sign in to post.

Traveling to London

What is the best way to travel from London to France. Plane, Train or Car?

Adam

Posted by
23178 posts

Unless the bridge is finished and opened, the car is out. Train probably best bet. Discount airline are a pain and time consuming.

Posted by
4555 posts

Where in France? If it's Paris, then the Eurostar train....you can book up to 120 days in advance....maybe longer.

Posted by
9099 posts

If your willing to put your car on a ferry or the Eurotunnel Shuttle trains you can take a car into France. Of course it will be expensive.

Posted by
5471 posts

If you are going to Paris or Lille, Eurostar is definitely the best in terms of convenience and time. When you factor in getting to the airport and waiting in security, the train is quicker. It is also much more reliable. The price of the train can be more than the plane, but when you factor in the cost and time of getting to the airport, I still think the train is usually worth it. Buy your ticket in advance so you can take advantage of the lowest rates. Check both the eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) and the U.S. website www.raileurope.com and compare prices. Sometimes one site is signficantly less than the other. If you are going somewhere else in France it may be more economical or faster to fly.

I cannot comment on driving. There are options for putting the car on a ferry or train (I think) but I've never done this.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the responses! I will be traveling into Northern France from London, specifically Normandy. From there we will be traveling to Paris. Would you still recommend the train? How would I get from Calais to Normandy then to Paris?

Thanks,
Adam,
TN