Please sign in to post.

Rome airport (FCO)

Flying in and out of Rome next month and tickets indicate terminal 5. But several sites related to the airport suggest one is either bussed to or from terminal 3. Has anyone had any recent experience going into Rome from Atlanta or from Rome to Atlanta ? Thanks TC

Posted by
1078 posts

If you can, get yourself delivered straight to terminal 5; trying to get on the bus with several dozen other frantic flyers from T3 will make a Walmart Black Friday crowd look tame. Then, once in T5, it is more chaos as it is too small for all the US carriers and the crowds trying to get checked in. Look at 3 hours minimum before flight time. It is better if you are a FF for the airline you are on, if not......be brave!

Posted by
81 posts

Agreed! It took us 3 hours from the line to check in, through security, to gate while at FCO! I thought I had left plenty of time and then was almost panicked by the time we made the gate. FCO is a madhouse, unfortunately.

Posted by
2207 posts

TC, I answered your question on the Italy section of this site: If you're flying direct from FCO to ATL, you will be departing from T5. You might read this article, Terminal 5 at FCO for maps, pictures, and more info. I would agree that FCO can be a madhouse. Our last trip there created this posting: At the FCO Airport (Again)

Posted by
4870 posts

Thanks to all who replied on the board and privately. Good advice is great to have. Thanks again. TC